We know that there are a lot of different ways to organize your day-to-day life. Some people like having everything neatly organized in one place, while others prefer having everything at their disposal so they can find anything on-demand! But what kind of organizational habits do you practice the most?
The quiz below will help you better understand your organizational style so you can figure out what tools could help you be more efficient in your day-to-day!
How often during the week do you feel stressed when getting ready to leave the house for the day?
- I am usually frazzled running out the door later than I wanted
- It’s a toss-up depending on what’s going on that week
- Seldom do I feel stress when leaving the house
- I get up early, eat a full breakfast, read the morning paper, all after my workout
Do you feel there is too much to do and not enough time?
- If there were two of me we’d both be busy
- Occasionally things slow down enough for me to catch a breath
- I take my fair share of “me” time
- I’m bored and I wish there was more to do
You have a semi-formal dinner event tonight. You will be sitting with your boss’s boss. How comfortable do you feel that you can pull together a great outfit when you get home?
- Panic: I need to leave work early and go shopping
- Did I take my favorite outfit to the cleaners after that wasabi incident?
- I think I have a couple of things that might work
- No sweat, there is a place for everything and everything is in its place
Have you bought a new top or pair of shoes only to realize later that a very similar one was hiding in your closet?
- Do you mean the 3 identical pairs of black pumps and 2 little black dresses I own?
- I’m not sure what’s in there
- It did happen once but I kept my receipt and received a full refund
- My Custom Closet remodeled my master closet so nothing is hiding anymore
If a friend stopped by unannounced would you feel comfortable including the master bedroom closet on the home-tour?
- Let’s meet on the porch, I don’t want to have to show off the inside
- If they can make it past the Doberman at the top of the stairs they’ve earned it
- I have to make the bed first
- They are welcome to visit my Oasis, but no loitering
What does the saying “a stitch in time saves nine” mean?
- Cosmic wrinkle in the space/time continuum
- Needlepoint practice of economy
- Sailors hitch knot that binds a boat to its mooring
- Taking a little precaution today could save you big down the road
You think very successful people are…
- Lucky – probably born into money
- Have a great assistant
- Born with a strong work ethic and organizational skill
- Make organization a priority in their life and work to keep it that way
After you’ve finished selecting each of your answers, add up the total. Then see which section you fall into below:
Around 7 points – In Search of a Genie – While you keep your environment in good shape, it can sometimes make you feel embarrassed when visitors enter your space. You’ve wished for a genie to come and organize the areas that overwhelm you but aren’t sure how to get started. You believe that you could be more effective if you had the discipline to maintain the areas that you’ve cleaned but external circumstances such as your children or co-workers make it difficult for areas to stay organized.
Above 14 points and below 21 points – Practically Organized – You recognize the importance of organization and its a goal. While you are very busy and you try to stay disciplined it is difficult to find ways to make lasting changes. Sometimes when you have stressful situations you may find that you like to clean to feel better about things. While you feel like you’re effective, you know that there is another level of organization that you aspire to find.
Around 28 points – Movie Stars – Efficiency and speed are balanced by maintaining an environment that stays clean and fresh and net. You have a high self esteem and your environment has a tendency to reinforce that.
Interested in getting more customized tips that are specific to your space? Contact our experts at My Custom Closet today!